Peter Hirschberg

Monday, February 25, 2008

"Silver Sue"

Yesterday Luna City Arcade was visited by Susan England, who from the mid-'70s until 1981 ran an arcade called "Silver Sue" in Chicago, home to such industry giants as Bally, Gottlieb, and Williams. Sue, her husband, my wife, and I all sat down for a nice chat about the good old days. Sue shared many vintage photos of and magazine articles about the arcade she ran, and she told me a few stories about the various classic game programmers and other celebs from back in the day. She has promised me some scans of the arcade photos, and I'll share those here when I have them.

Thanks for taking the time to visit Sue! It was really fun having you out to talk shop!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Silver Sue's was an incredible place. I grew up in Chicago and spent many a night there. I would love to see any pictures of the place or read any articles that she may have shared. Did she tell any stories of Steve Kirk?