Peter Hirschberg

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Construction Update

They did the grading around the building. It's pretty rough looking, but at least the giant dirt pile is gone. We're obviously going to need to smooth things out a lot. They should be able to install the heat-pump units behind the building now at any rate. They also should be running a trench for the electric soon. I'm hoping to drop in a phone line while the trench is still open. No idea when the trench for the water will be run. Seems like it would be easier to just run one trench for everything, but I don't know what they're going to do.



The rest of the fans were installed with the exception of one that had a broken neon tube. Arg! If only you knew what a huge pain in the butt it was getting these fans, you'd feel really sorry for me right now. I'm going to try and call the manufacturer after the holiday weekend and see if I can get a replacement tube for it. They also capped off the wiring for the blacklights since we don't have the money to install the fixtures yet.



The breezeway lights.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would ever guess that you'll have the world's greatest arcade in there???

Keep it rockin'

Andrew

Anonymous said...

I've been following the construction for the last 8 months. Any idea when the games will start being moved in? I'm excited, and I'll never even get to see or play them in person!

Peter Hirschberg said...

Glad to see you guys are following along! I don't want to put machines in there until the carpeting is in. And right now we don't have the money for the carpeting. So, just waiting on finances really.