Peter Hirschberg

Monday, June 30, 2008

Upcoming Benefit Game Day - August 23rd

Greetings all. This Game Day is shaping up to be a big one! I've had many offers
from people to help out during the event (THANK YOU!). I will definitely be taking
you up on your offers. I'll need people to tend to the Moon Bounce, help out crediting
machines, coordinating the Chasing Ghosts movie showings, quarter collectors to
empty the machines out, etc. If you want to help, I can definitely find something
for you to do!

I've also been overwhelmed with emails, so I apologize if you asked me a specific
question and I haven't gotten back to you. It's just been more than I can handle.

Here's the current rough plan --


Saturday August 23rd
12:00 noon until 10pm


Over 60 vintage arcade games playable for free
Moon Bounce
All-day free screenings of Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade
BBQ, Burgers, and Hot Dogs will be for sale, with food sales benefiting Young Marines Organization
Donations will be invited to benefit the medical expense fund of Shawn Haines (more info below)
~No donations will be accepted on-site for insurance reasons~

My friend has set up a website for Shawn.
Shawn's Battle Against Hodgkin's Disease
http://mysite.verizon.net/cshaines/shawn.htm
~Donating is invited but completely optional~



If you would like to attend and need the address, please send me a private email!

More details will be posted here as they become available

No comments: